Monday evening I was alerted by a reader that my site is showing WP’s┬ásetup page. I contacted my hosting provider’s help and they confirmed that my database was down. It turned out the database had crashed totally and couldn’t be repaired I decided to restore the system from old backups.

That way I managed to get the site working by midnight. However some images and all the changes I had made during the weekend were not restored. I have also taken off some plugins that I suspect of causing the problem.

This weeks update looked all right, but didn’t appear when scheduled. I had to update it manually.

Now things seem to be running smoothly and my logs have been clean of errors for a couple of days.